The Rise School privacy notice
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies on this website
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies on this website.
We will send to you the following cookies:
|Name of cookie||What is the cookie for|
|1. CFID||Manages a visitors log in|
|2. CFTOKEN||Manages a visitors log in|
|3. DISPLAYMODE||Determines the type of display presented to a visitor|
|4. fontsize||Remembers the user’s selected font size for general page display|
|5. __utmz||Set by Google and monitors whether a search engine was used what link a visitor clicked on and where they accessed the website from|
|6. __utmc||Set by Google and holds records of when someone first visits the site|
|7. __utmb||Set by Google and holds time when a visitor leaves site|
|8. __utma||Set by Google to store user preference information|
|9. remember||Required if the user has selected the 'Remember me' feature|
|10. ACCEPT||Required to display the pop up cookie message for users|
Cookies 1,2,3,4,6 and 7 are session cookies, whereas cookies 5, 8, 9 and 10 are persistent cookies.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
- to track you as you navigate our website, and to enable the use of the [specify feature, e.g. shopping cart] on our website;
- to improve the website's usability;
- to analyse the use of our website;
- in the administration of this website;
Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our [service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
- to track your browser across multiple websites;
- to build a profile of your web surfing;
You can manually delete old cookies, and stop cookies from being saved on your hard drive in future – find out more on the All About Cookies website. However, disabling cookies may stop you from fully using all our website services.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
- in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block all cookies" using the sliding selector
- in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Options", and un-checking "Accept cookies from sites" in the "Privacy" box.
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
- in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files;
- in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you "clear private data" (this setting can be changed by clicking "Tools", "Options" and "Settings" in the "Private Data" box) and then clicking "Clear private data" in the "Tools" menu.
Doing this may also have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
If you have any questions or concerns about our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information, please contact us.